In case you find it difficult to remember the basic things like where you left car keys, your phone, and hanky or forget to buy basic grocery items from the supermarket etc. these are some examples of a weak memory, which may be very frustrating experience in anyone’s life!
With the age, the memory power intends to get less. Moreover, there are different other factors which contribute to forgetfulness such as sleep deprivation, stress, depression, nutritional deficiencies in particular vitamin B, Hyper or hypothyroid, alcohol, smoking and use of many medications.
For sharpening brain, and tackling with memory problems, the question comes how to have strong memory power:
There are many Home Remedies for Increasing Memory Power:
- Almonds are known to be an excellent remedy as per Ayurveda to increasing memory power and boosting memory and brainpower. They are very rich in terms of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids and help in boosting memory.
- Rosemary is quite famous for its herbal properties in improving weak memory. Even mere sniffing the aroma and smell helps in recapitulation power. Various studies have proven that the aroma of rosemary provides more prospective memory, and is very important in our daily routine.
- Black Seed is scientifically known as Nigella Sativa, or Kalonji is one of the best home remedies for sharpening the mind and boosting its potential.
- Indian Gooseberry also called Amla or Anwala, having medicinal and herbal properties as per Ayurveda for enhancing memory power and providing strengthening the nervous system. As per the study published in the journal Physiology & Behavior in 2007, Anwala Churna helps in improving memory and reduces the symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Remedies and precautions, the power of concentration
- Brahmi is an Ayurvedic herbal medicine, having lots of mental benefits. It is called brain tonic and offers antioxidant and neuroprotective properties.
- Fish Oil is one of the best remedies and precaution for improving the memory and reducing the cognitive decline. It has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Docosahexaenoic acid or DHA in fish oil works to avert the creation of brain plaques.